As the Catholic Nomad, I sometimes have the opportunity to visit sacred sites that still promote an ancient, forgotten way of life.
While I am not a professional photographer by far, along the way I attempt to document what I see, and share such images with my readers to the best of my ability.
I call them “Documentaries,” but in reality, they are unofficial musings, either through words or images, of the places that I have seen.
I will list them below as they are completed, and I hope that you will both enjoy them, and share your thoughts with me along the way.
St. Gianna Oratory (Holy Family Church), Institute of Christ the King
- Can You Guess the Mystery Church? Come play along, and see if you know what traditional church this is.
- Under the Tucson Sun: A Photographic Memory, Part I: Click here to visit one of the most unique churches in my Latin Mass travels. A mix of Spanish, Mexican, and European influence, with a pure desert simplicity, this one was a charm.
- Under the Tucson Sun: A Photographic Memory, Part II: Click here to check out a little bit more of the church’s exterior, visit the neighborhood that surrounds, and see some of the more minor exterior details that might otherwise be overlooked. This helps to set a real sense of “space,” and is intended to help bring the viewer more personally “there.”
- Under the Tucson Sun: A Photographic Memory, Part III (Conclusion): Click here to view images of the interior of the church, as well as a Sunday Mass!
- A Desert Church Comes to Life: Watch the New Video Here: Click here to view a short, evocative, trailer-style video on this historic southern church.
Clear Creek Abbey
- The Journey Is the Destination: The Way to Clear Creek Abbey: Click here to view, through images, the prologue “experience” of journeying far into the remote countryside to Clear Creek Abbey in Oklahoma.
- A Remnant of Medieval Europe in the Heartland of America: A Clear Creek Abbey Documentary, Part I: Click here to view the experience of seeing the main sites of Clear Creek Abbey for the very first time.
- A Clear Creek Abbey Documentary, Part II: The Call To Prayer: Click here for the photographic view of praying in the main church of Clear Creek Abbey. Witness an ordination, the Liturgy of the Hours, Eucharistic Adoration, and more!
- A Clear Creek Abbey Documentary, Part III: Daily Monastic Life:Click here to view random scenes from daily life around the grounds of Clear Creek Abbey.
- A Clear Creek Abbey Documentary, Part IV: The Final Visit: Click here to experience the final visit at Clear Creek Abbey, which consists of the Lower Church, the nuns quarters, and views of the Abbey from within the hills.
© Copyright 2014 Reclaiming the Sacred. All rights reserved.